The Alliance for Sustainable Schools is thrilled to be introducing the theme of education and the role of schools at the ReThink conference for the first time as we partner with innovators to address the systemic sustainability challenges in school uniforms, school food, school buses and school buildings.
Sustainable school buses is one of TASS’s four areas of focus for systems change. This workshop will explore the practicalities of implementing low carbon fuel (biodiesel) in school buses in Hong Kong, drawing on the experience of our member schools and their students and our partners.
The session discussion will cover the following:
- Introduction to biodiesel as an ultra-low carbon fuel
- Case studies of biodiesel in school buses in other cities
- Discussion of systems level challenges for biodiesel in Hong Kong and how to overcome them
- Opportunities for schools and their bus companies to innovate and lead the way
Speakers for the workshop will include:
- Anthony Dixon, Founder and Chairman, The Alliance for Sustainable Schools
- Kyle King, Co-Principal, The Harbour School
- Lawrence Kwok, General Manager – Corporate Communications and Brand, Shell Hong Kong
- Thomas Wu, Director, ASB Biodiesel
Join us on October 6th from 10:00 – 11:30am for an inspiring look at how schools in other cities have put biodiesel in their school buses and what we can do to make it happen in Hong Kong.